Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatic Housing for Canon 5DSR

Started by seansrs968 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatic Housing for Canon 5DSR

4 posts
  1. I have the Aquatic housing A5D Mark III for my Canon 5DM3. My question is, will this housing also work for the Canon 5DSR cameras? I thought I once read that it would.

     

     

  2. Yes it does - I have the same set up and use the housing for both bodies. Perfect fit, no adjustments or chuffing about required

  3. How do you like the 5DS? Is it worth it?

  4. I love it and use it mainly for bird photography with big lenses. The ability to crop and the stunning detail are frankly amazing. I carry it on underwater trips primarily as a back up to my 5D3 should that go down (it never has). However have used it a few times mainly for wide angle and like it a lot. I think the sweet spot is around f8 so I don't think you gain much if anything in macro as the tighter apertures generally needed for close work result in pretty noticeable diffraction. This disappears once you downsize the result to similar size to that produced by a 5D3! A lot has been made of the lack of an AA filter causing moire. This seems overdone to me and have seen it occasionally in a mild form. It is easily got rid of in post-processing.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.