Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

SE England/Essex photography training pool?

Started by swgdesign ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

SE England/Essex photography training pool?

5 posts
  1. I once read about a swimming pool which was partly dedicated to divers being able to practice underwater photography. It had a rather large fake reef and other things in the water to photograph, but I can no longer find 1 piece of information on it.

     

    I thought it was somewhere towards Essex.

     

    Does anyone know the pool I am referring to OR any other training pool where I can take a new setup to get accustomed to?

     

    Many thanks

    Simon

  2. Maybe...It looked really good when I found it about 5-7 years ago, and with the new setup I intend to buy I would like to go practice somewhere similar.

  3. I belong to a club over in Amersham that has access to 3.8m depth diving pool, i'm in most weeks practising with kit.. i'm sure we can come to an arrangement. You'd have to bring your own subjects which is what I do.

  4. The place that you are thinking of is the Underwater Studio is Basildon. Steve Warren used to hire it out with his own reef etc. A word of warning though, it is not cheap and without Steve you will probably need to bring reef.

    You are far better finding a local private school that hires out their pool or joining a dive club that has a pool night.

    The pool that I use in Surrey costs £23 ph which is probably less than 1/3 of the cost in Basildon.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.