Considering that both the original E-M1 and E-M5 cameras came with the Oly FL-LM2 flip up flash, what's to prevent using the Nauticam Mini Flash Trigger on a mk.I E-M5 (Nauticam lists it's compatibility as E-M1, E-M5 mk.II & E-M1 mk.II)? The reason that I ask is that the FL-LM2 has an excruciatingly slow cycle time, even compared to my old PEN E-PL2 - it fires every fourth shutter swing, at 1/64 power, when continuous shooting... the E-PL2 flash manages to keep up with the shutter, though at a slower shutter rate. This makes shooting fast moving subjects a bit more difficult, as it's pretty much a one and done affair. Any, and all, feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, in advance!
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Nautical Mini Flash Trigger for Olympus (#26306) on a E-M5 mk.I?
Started by echo2600 ·
- 6Posts
- 6Replies
Read-only discussion
Nautical Mini Flash Trigger for Olympus (#26306) on a E-M5 mk.I?
-
-
E-M5 has the wedge in the front half of the housing (to deploy the onboard strobe if you forget) which would prevent the flash trigger from fitting into the housing. The E-M1, E-M5 II and E-M1 MkII all use the taller removable strobe that does not require the wedge to pop it up. I use the Nauticam flash trigger with my NA- EM1II Nauticam housing. With the camera set to C-AF TR and Sequential High setting I can hit 18 properly focused frames per second using my Inon-240 strobes at about 1/4 power in manual. It is quite impressive and beats many of the much higher cost full frame cameras.
-
Phil, thanks for the response. I guess that I'm confused because the images that I've seen of the flash well on the NA-EM1 housing show the flash wedge:
Which looks to be the same as the NA-EM5 wedge:
Since the instructions for using the flash trigger in the EM1 mk.I housing show removal and replacement of the wedge...
it seemed likely that the same could be done in the EM5 mk.I housing. I was hoping that one of the many E-M5 shooters here might already have tried it.
Thanks, again, for the feedback. If you have any thoughts on the above, please let me know.
BTW, I apologize for the low quality image of the EM1 housing... I grabbed it off of the net, using my phone..
ATB,
Elliot
-
interesting, i was told it was not usable on the original EM5 because it would not fit or align...
if there is a way to use it on the EM5 i would go for it...

-
I think that may be time for some experimentation....
-
I think that may be time for some experimentation....
suggest you check here

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44632
believe this one is much more flexible...