Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Underwater Kaleidoscope Effect

Started by mexicandiver ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Underwater Kaleidoscope Effect

3 posts
  1. Playing around with props, I realized if I have a mirror underwater reflecting the light in to my subject, will create a unrealistic photo. Well, I didn't have a big enough mirror to submerge underwater at the time so I Goggle it for more alternatives. I found a photographer in the UK that uses reflective paper in his photo studio to created artistic photos.

     

    Since I could not fund any body that used this paper underwater I decided to be the first to try it.

     

    See Attach file

     

    I created a frame with PVC to hold the paper and I secured with some scotch tape to create an underwater back drop. I notice, that above water the paper looked straight like a mirror but as soon we submerged into the pool, the paper become rankle and it looked weird apparently the water from the pool pump coming from the underwater hole ports, make the paper moved in different directions creating an abstract look.

     

    To view the underwater setup and the photo results visit the link:

    https://www.fstopphotostudio.com/single-post/2017/08/31/The-Underwater-Kaleidoscope-Effect

     

     

    If you give it a try please share your results Thank you.

     

     

    ​Jorge,

    post-16964-0-07589800-1504232406_thumb.jpg

    Edited by mexicandiver
  2. Wow, a very cool effect, Jorge!

  3. Hi!

    I have just started take interest in underwater photography. And it has a lot of possibilities for creative ideas! Your photo just proves it. Really awesome

    Edited by Grace

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.