Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Footage from LUMIX G80/85 in IKELITE Housing

Started by spudgun ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Footage from LUMIX G80/85 in IKELITE Housing

6 posts
  1. Hope you don't mind me posting this here. It's my firts time with the housing, obviously, and I need more practise, but I think this camera has amazing potential for a lot less than the GH5.

  2. That parrotfish didn't seem to like your housing, but you got some great footage!!

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Glad you're here Bob. Its a Titan Trigger Fish and yes, he scratched my dome port!

    I also wanted to publicly thank you, here, for your patient and invaluable advice you so kindly gave me, prior to my trip. You're a true gentleman and a scholar, and such people make forums such as this truly worthwhile.

    Best wishes, Bob.

     

    PS: My wifes pictures with the GX80/85 are to follow!

    Edited by spudgun
  4. Hey spudgun,

    that's really nice work. I know the Red Sea quite well, and it was like being back there again!

    I'm tempted to agree with you about the camera. Your white balance is absolutely perfect - could you tell us how you achieved it please? red filter and custom set off the sand?

    Cheers,

    Matt

  5. Wow that is amazing quality footage. It looks of the same quality as the GH5. Does the GX80 manually white balance at depth like the GH5 and LX100 or does it require a filter like the GH4 does?

    Corrine

  6. Hi Mattdiver. Thank you for your kind words. Some of the clips had a ti y bit of tweaking or boosting to auto levels in post, but not much. I used a Magic Filter, internally, and shot auto white balance up to around 10 metres, after tbat I focised on the white sand bottom, which did a good job down to around 35 metres with no lights. It's my first time with the camera and next year I'm sure I'll get better results.

     

     

    Corrinek, thankyou also. I only ever used the red filter, which did a great job, although I may try next time without the filter to see how it copes with white balance. My personal feeling is that below 10 metres uou could probably get great results without the filter.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.