Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Knowing your in Rear syc Nauticam Housing

Started by Crayfish ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Knowing your in Rear syc Nauticam Housing

4 posts
  1. Hi I currently have a Nauticam D800 housing the problem i have come across is there is no way of knowing when you have change your flash to rear syc.

     

    Before I had a Ikelite housing and you could see the top display and change it from front to rear curtain.

     

    But now if I change it I have no idea if it's on Front, Red Eye or rear as it wont show in the viewfinder.

     

    Does anyone know if there is something in the menu you can find out or is it just a matter of setting it before a dive and leaving it on?

     

    Cheers

     

    Alex

     

  2. Press Info button to see Info screen on rear LCD. Flash mode shows at left, second row down (if pop-up flash is up, or a strobe is connected electronically via the hotshoe)?

  3. Press Info button to see Info screen on rear LCD. Flash mode shows at left, second row down (if pop-up flash is up, or a strobe is connected electronically via the hotshoe)?

    Yes, definitely start getting familiar with the info button. Extremely useful underwater.

     

    I once had a problem with my CF card having a read error at the start of the dive. Took a while, but with help of info button managed to find out how to change settings to write to SD card instead of CF.

  4. Cheers! Thanks so much for that, I will have a play around with the settings tonight.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.