Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

How to limit focus range of Panasonic 45mm macro lens (EM5-MII)?

Started by Architeuthis ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

How to limit focus range of Panasonic 45mm macro lens (EM5-MII)?

1 posts
  1. Since recently, I am proud owner of a Panasonic 45mm macro lens (Oly EM5-MII, Nauticam housing, Nauticam 45 macro port) and now I am back from the first diving holidays with this lens.

     

    The lens is wonderful, but compared to my wifes' Zuiko 60mm macro, the autofocus is slow, "pumping" and sometimes even not possible, even when there is enough light (I have a Weefine 2300 smartfocus lamp attached, whereas she uses nothing). The reason for this difference is, that the Zuiko lens has a switch to limit the autofus range to the closeup limit (minimum distance to 0,5m), whereas the Panasonic 45mm has not (just a switch to exclude the closeup range, what I find strange for a macro lens).

     

    Is there a possibility to limit the autofocus range of the 45mm to speed autofocus up (maybe by EM5-MII software adjustments)?

     

    Wolfgang :)

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.