Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Anemonefish from Bali

Started by Turquoise ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Anemonefish from Bali

7 posts
  1. I haven't been able to find this fish in any of the books I have. The photo was taken in Tulamben, Bali. It looks very much like a pink anemonefish (amphiprion perideraion), one with white spots instead of a white bar. TIA.

     

     

    post-462-0-01585700-1505300214_thumb.jpg

  2. interesting, not seen that before. I do believe it is a Pink as you say, but with some sort of pigmentation issues :)

     

    Did you get a shot of any of the other fish in the anemone?

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  3. I have three more shots from the same anemone, but I believe it's the same fish in all of the photos. I have one that shows the other side of the fish and the color pattern is not the same.

    post-462-0-29635400-1505323747_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Turquoise
  4. Strange indeed. Perhaps a hybrid, or a juvenile?

  5. I think it's a mutant :D

  6. It is definitely a skunk clowfish. The incomplete white side bar is likely a color variation (i.e. mutant)

  7. Pinks often have aberrant gill bars.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.