Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Komodo

Started by howeikwok ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Komodo

8 posts
  1. A short video I did for a small but cosy LOB.

     

    First time really doing WA video and was struggling with the WB on the Sony A7R2 for wide shots. Conditions weren't the best although we had great manta action.

    U/W with A7R2 in Nauticam housing, 28/2 and WWL, Weefine 3800 solar lights. Dragons with A6300 with 70-200/4, Drone using DJI Mavic Pro.

     

    Edited by howeikwok
  2. Nice work! Love the opening shots, and when that Manta goes vertical. As you know, I have the a7sII and have the same challenges with white balance on wide angle shots. I LOVE the camera on dry land, and I bet it is great for close up and macro, but I will be trying a different, compact camera, for my next trips.

     

    Thanks for posting!

  3. Nice work! Love the opening shots, and when that Manta goes vertical. As you know, I have the a7sII and have the same challenges with white balance on wide angle shots. I LOVE the camera on dry land, and I bet it is great for close up and macro, but I will be trying a different, compact camera, for my next trips.

     

    Thanks for posting!

     

    Natural light it's ok. Got some advice and it worked quite well, use underwater mode in WB and manually adjust from there. But with video lights it really screws with the WB depending on distance to subject it can switch in an instant.

  4. That was great! I thought your white balance was very good, especially considering all the complaints I have seen from other Sony users. I loved your komodo shots as well. That must have been very exciting.

  5. That was great! I thought your white balance was very good, especially considering all the complaints I have seen from other Sony users. I loved your komodo shots as well. That must have been very exciting.

    Lots of running away when the dragon started running towards us. Even with a 70-200 :P

  6. LOL I can imagine! Those things have a nasty bite and are apparently very fast!

    Edited by EvilOtter
  7. very nice mantas! One thing I might suggest is to time some of the cuts between clips with the beat of the music.

  8. very nice mantas! One thing I might suggest is to time some of the cuts between clips with the beat of the music.

     

    Yes sir. That's what i'm thinking of also. Should've listened to Luca a bit more when he was telling me about the WB. :P

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.