Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Restore white painting on Nauticam housing

Started by vitaly ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Restore white painting on Nauticam housing

6 posts
  1. Does anybody have any experience to restore white painting on Nauticam housing? Any advices are welcome.

     

    Thank you,
    Vitaly

  2. Never mind. Auto touch-up pen did a great job.

  3. Thanks Vitaly,

    I tried looking for an auto touch-up pen but the white pens at my local auto store (Super Cheap in Australia) had a national recall. I have been told that model hobbyist paint (enamel) works so I'll try that solution.


    Cheers,

    Neil 

  4. A good "Stay-At-Home" task that's on the back burner list.

    Edited by ozdiverguy
  5. I have used Testors enamel. It is a model/hobby paint in small vials. Use a small brush to apply the enamel. Since the lettering is inset on some housings you can use a alcohol wipe to gently remove the excess. 

  6. I used the felt tip paint pen I write on my fins with, then lightly wiped excess with a paper towel.  Lasted a couple of months, but I need to retouch.

     

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.