Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite FL Port System with Nikon 24mm f1.4

Started by djrobichaud ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite FL Port System with Nikon 24mm f1.4

5 posts
  1. Has anyone attempted this configuration? Will the lens fit??

    Ikelite states the diameter limit to be 3.3" (83.82mm) and the lens diameter is 83mm (3.26772")

     

    Dan

  2. Hi,

     

    I've moved this topic into the SLR forum...

     

    I guess the crucial question should also be, will the lens work underwater? It will probably need a big dome...

     

    Adam

  3. Thanks for moving it into the right forum, Adam. Yes, the plan is to mate it with an 8" dome. I only ever plan to use it at very shallow depths (in a pool), so I'm even considering taking it to a machine shop to have a bit shaved off from the inside if it's too tight a fit.

     

    Here's the response I got from Ikelite regarding this lens:
    Based on online specs, that lens would be a very tight fit in the FL port system. The diameter limit is 3.3”. If the lens length is 3.5” it would probably fit in a # 5511.2 port but I would recommend a longer # 5511.3 port which will definitely fit and generally provides better edge sharpness.
  4. What camera are you planning to use it with?

     

    Adam

  5. Nikon D750.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.