Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon 6D Mark II and Dynamic Range

Started by fizrinizam ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 6D Mark II and Dynamic Range

4 posts
  1. I'm about to step up to DSLR system in few months so I sold my 5 year old 6D and already bought the mark II instead since I'm gonna break my bank account for the housings and stuff. The only thing that is teasing me is the -0.2 stops difference compared to previous 6D. Does it really make any differences when shooting underwater? I've already tested, shoots in RAW and overall I can say is fast focus, excellent tracking, pretty accurate custom WB and I'm satisfied enough with the IQ, IF its land based but underwater, didn't find any review yet.

  2. I think you will see a difference in IQ and sharpness from the better focusing, WB etc but not in the dynamic range or with ISO at 100 as we use flash underwater anyway to get best results. I think you will be very pleased with the results. I have a original 6D and 7D Mk2 for land based photos and the focusing from the 6D is way behind the 7D. Underwater focusing speed and accuracy is far more important.

  3. I think you will see a difference in IQ and sharpness from the better focusing, WB etc but not in the dynamic range or with ISO at 100 as we use flash underwater anyway to get best results. I think you will be very pleased with the results. I have a original 6D and 7D Mk2 for land based photos and the focusing from the 6D is way behind the 7D. Underwater focusing speed and accuracy is far more important.

    ouh yeah..it does make sense since we use strobes most of the time. I rarely used base ISO100 anyway. :aggressive: Allright, thanks for the help mr. Griff!

  4. No problem.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.