Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Lock the dome or not? (Canon 8-15mm and Ikelite 8'' dome)

Started by KSund ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Lock the dome or not? (Canon 8-15mm and Ikelite 8'' dome)

2 posts
  1. Hello

     

    I've got an Ikelite housing for my Canon 6D.

     

    Unting now, when I've been using my Canon 8-15 F4L-lense, I've only used it at 15mm.

    Then I could use the shade for the 8 inch dome, wich are were the locking mechanism to prevent the dome for rotating is mounted.

     

    The locking mechanism is a small bracket, that's mounted on one of the set pins for the shade.

     

     

    I just got my zoom-gear to be able to use the lense at 8mm, which is sirkular fisheye. To prevent the shade to be visible, I have to remove the shade from the dome.

     

    The problem is: When I remove the shade, it's nothing to prevent the dome from rotating, and eventually fall off.

     

     

    How do you guys handle this problem?

     

     

  2. If your using a vacuum system, your port will be locked without a lock. the underpressure will keep it firmly in place.

    Edited by bubffm
Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.