Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Macro diopter for a Sigma 60mm

Started by Thrawn ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Macro diopter for a Sigma 60mm

1 posts
  1. I have a Sony A6300 on a Seafrogs housing. Primarily doing wide angle 4K videos with a Sigma 19mm and dome. But occasionally I get stuck with macro specific dive sites, so I will switch to a more appropriate lense. The lense choices I have that fits in the housing is Sony 30mm macro, Sony 16-50mm kit and Sigma 60mm.

     

    Sony 30mm macro has too short working distance. Sony 16-50mm have quite poor detail. So I'm looking at the Sigma 60mm. The stock magnification ratio is 1:7 which is pretty bad. So I'm aiming for a macro diopter that will get it closer to 1:2 ratio. I'll be shooting mainly nudibranch, pipefish and maybe pygmy seahorse. Hopefully 4K macro videos as well (I have a pair of 5,000 lumen lights)

     

    I'm not sure what diopter to get.. there's so many options. Nauticam CMC-1, Subsee 10+, Inon, Aquako, iDas is all options. I'm not particularly fussed about getting the absolutely best magnification.. ease of use and image quality are more important factors.

     

    So what do you think ?

     

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.