Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony full-frame with Nikonos 15mm - thoughts?

Started by PeteAtkinson ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony full-frame with Nikonos 15mm - thoughts?

5 posts
  1. I don't shoot macro and currently lug around a Nauticam D800 housing -which is great, but big. Rectilinear wide interests me much more than fisheye. Has anyone been using a Nauticam A7 housing with the Nikonos 15mm successfully and consistently? Does focus peaking work well?

     

  2. Hi;

     

    Yes, it works pretty well. I shot that rig and found that I just stopped it down to about f/8 and did zone focus - one setting for closer up and one out to infinity. The lens has a huge depth of field. It's really small and very sharp.

     

    I wrote a review with photos and video: Nauticam NA-A7 - Sony a7 Review: Mirrorless in Mexico

     

    14362709704_ec06256990_c.jpg

    Sea Lion by Jack Connick, on Flickr

    Edited by JackConnick
  3. I have this lens but use it with a Sony a5100. The issue I run into is that the sensor is totally exposed in the housing and I've had instances where tiny bits of dust inside my housing would get on the sensor.

  4. Hi both,

     

    I've decided to try underwater photography and videography and have my NA-A7 setup with the standard kit lens and flat port. I was looking to get the Nikonos 15mm with the nauticam NA A7 adaptor, but does this mean the full frame sensor is fully exposed in the housing?

    Are there ways to protect it?

     

    regards,

     

    Frederik

    Edited by frdrklttns
  5. Yes, the front of the camera is open. As the housing is sealed with the lens on an adapter, there's no real problem with it.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.