This cowrie couple was photo'd by John Greenamyer 3 years ago in Milne Bay, New Guinea. Any ideas as to species? Thanks
Read-only discussion
This cowrie couple was photo'd by John Greenamyer 3 years ago in Milne Bay, New Guinea. Any ideas as to species? Thanks
Photo missing? Cheers
Hi - definitely a spindle / egg cowry species. I found a similar pictures here:
"http://www.daveharasti.com/nelsonbay/cowries/Volva_volva1.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5c/7c/34/5c7c34fbb5ff531261e527d64cf25472--volva-snails.jpg"
Referred to as a Shuttlecock Egg Cowry.
I am no expert but hope this helps.
Hi - definitely a spindle / egg cowry species. I found a similar pictures here:
http://www.daveharasti.com/nelsonbay/cowries/Volva_volva1.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5c/7c/34/5c7c34fbb5ff531261e527d64cf25472--volva-snails.jpg
Referred to as a Shuttlecock Egg Cowry.
I am no expert but hope this helps.
The photos uploaded without web address: to be fair to the copyright owners - 1st photo from daveharasti.com/nelsonbay/cowries/Volva_volva1.jpg and second from i.pinimg.com/736x/5c/7c/34/5c7c34fbb5ff531261e527d64cf25472--volva-snails.jpg
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.