Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Puffer from Sea of Cortez

Started by chowe ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Puffer from Sea of Cortez

3 posts
  1. Anyone know this fish? For comparison the two puffers from the area most like it are included, Bullseye Puffer, Sphoeroides annulatus, and Longnose Puffer, S. lobatus.

     

    All these were taken in the North near Bahia de Los Angeles. The two I have names for very unafraid and would swim right up to divers and I suspect someone had been feeding them. The un-named fish (I saw two of them) did not want their pictures taken and as soon as they saw me bolted away.

    post-51812-0-64912100-1511529379_thumb.jpg

    post-51812-0-29879900-1511529911_thumb.jpg

    post-51812-0-33659600-1511529929_thumb.jpg

  2. Thanks, I think that's it.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.