Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

12-24mm on Ebay

Started by kdietz ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

12-24mm on Ebay

5 posts
  1. I've been thinking about a 12-24 lens myself, but I'm having a hard time justifying it's purchase.

     

    I'd really be paying for just 12-17mm, since I already have an 18-70mm.

     

    I've been wondering if 12mm is really wide enough to justify spending up to $1k.

     

    I've also been looking at the 10.5 Fisheye, but then I start wondering how much I'd actually use that lens on land.....

     

    Any thoughts?

  2. Hey Jim -

     

    I would buy the 10.5 over the 12-24.. I loved the FE on our last trip to Mexico... The 12-24 just arrived and I'll be shooting with that in 2 weeks in Galapogos. I dont take any photos topside so my decision was based soley on U/W usage. I bought the 12 - 24 for shark shooting and Im also hoping it is a little sharper than the 18-70 zoom we have. At half the price the 10.5 is a nice lens. I think Alex Mustard has some really nice photos using this lens that were recently posted..

     

    M.

  3. Yeah, the fact that I have to use the 18-70 with a diopter was the only reason I was really considering the 12-24.

     

    I guess I need to go to the camera store and play with both lens and decide what I really want....

  4. I got my 12-24 some time ago and love it!

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.