Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 on PT-EP10

Started by Timz ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 on PT-EP10

5 posts
  1. Hi everyone,

     

    I'm using Olympus E-PL5 with Olympus PT-EP10 Housing.

     

    Recently, I want to buy an Ultra WA lens. The highly reviewed Olympus M.Zuiko 7-14mm F2.8.

     

    However, I couldn't find any port that matches my housing with the lens.

     

    I know Zen made a port for the Pana 7-14mm.

     

    I also know that isn't a problem with Nauticam housing.

     

    But I will prefer to buy the Olympus 7-14mm over the Pana.

     

    Anyone came across this dilemma? Care to share?

     

    Thank you in advance.

     

    Tim

     

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  2. I believe the problem is the smaller port size used on the Pen series housings, the Olympus 7-14mm is just too big to fit in the ports. The Panasonic is a much smaller lens so you are bale to use it with the Pen series ports. Believe it fits no problem on the larger ports like used on the EM-1 housing.

     

    The Nauticam housing requires you to install the camera in the housing then install the lens on the camera and install the dome port over the lens, again the lens/gear is too big to fit through the N85 port on the Nauticam, from inside the housing. The specific requirement is for the N85-N120 adapter and extension ring and the N120 170m dome port.. All due to the large OD of the lens (79mm)

  3. I believe the problem is the smaller port size used on the Pen series housings, the Olympus 7-14mm is just too big to fit in the ports. The Panasonic is a much smaller lens so you are bale to use it with the Pen series ports. Believe it fits no problem on the larger ports like used on the EM-1 housing.

     

    The Nauticam housing requires you to install the camera in the housing then install the lens on the camera and install the dome port over the lens, again the lens/gear is too big to fit through the N85 port on the Nauticam, from inside the housing. The specific requirement is for the N85-N120 adapter and extension ring and the N120 170m dome port.. All due to the large OD of the lens (79mm)

    Thanks mate.

     

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  4. Hi Tim

     

    I don’t think that combo is possible with the EPL Series :-(

     

    I know that AOI make a port for that lens for the OMD housings

     

    https://oceanleisurecameras.com/aoi-dlp-08-8-dome-port-for-omd-housings

     

    But I think the port fitting is different between the EPL and OMD housings.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Hi Tim

     

    I don’t think that combo is possible with the EPL Series :-(

     

    I know that AOI make a port for that lens for the OMD housings

     

    https://oceanleisurecameras.com/aoi-dlp-08-8-dome-port-for-omd-housings

     

    But I think the port fitting is different between the EPL and OMD housings.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Thanks. But Sadly, the PT-EP13 Housing for OMD-EM5 MKII utilizes the PEN port system. Which means the E-M5 mkii is not able to use this port. T.T

     

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.