Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

+7 diopter close-up lense enough for the beginning with rx100 m4?

Started by robigto ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

+7 diopter close-up lense enough for the beginning with rx100 m4?

2 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I am using the rx100 m4, now I am considering to buy a close-up lens for taking fotos of small thing. I can get a Dyron +7 from a friend for a good price, is Dyron a good company to choose?

     

    I want mainly take fotos of middle sized nudibranch, is +7 enough with rx100's 24-70mm?

     

    Thank you!

  2. I never used a Dyron lens, but heard good things about them.
    I use a SubSee +10 on my Nauticam Panasonic LX-100 rig and it works great but is picky about micro unsharp because of camera movement
    As tronger the lens is more you need you need very good buoyancy, a lot of light and calm water to archieve sharp shots.
    Also a focus light to help your autofocus to focus on the right point as DOF is very limited.
    Shoot F16 and at least 1/250sec to obtain sharp images

    If you can get it for a very good price then buy it, otherwise opt for a less strong lens

     

    Try it first on your camera/housing combination to see how much zoom you need to get sharp images and elimiate vigneting

     

    Chris

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.