Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

duckface shrimp

Started by Pavamo ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

duckface shrimp

5 posts
  1. Can anybody please help on ID this little fellow,
    I call him duckface shrimp :dunno:
    Location : Maumere - Indonesia
    size : +/- 1,5 cm

    post-7219-0-74246000-1512300281_thumb.jpg

  2. I saw this same guy in Bali (Tulamben). After a three year fruitless search for his name, I just called him (her?) "Undescribed Saron Shrimp." Good luck. I hope someone can identify your image.

    post-22398-0-55563300-1472107518_thumb.jpg
  3. Thanks Karen,
    whitout a doubt your picture is the same specie.
    In my search on internet so far I only found a few other pictures that look similar,
    work for specialists to put a name on the little felow ...

    One of the other images I found :
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/luko/22418911234

  4. A mole shrimp? Latreutes sp?

  5. I am the photographer of the image mentioned on #3 .

    I also searched for the name of this guy, Someone in a "critter Id" Facebook Group came out with this name,

    I certainly can't guarantee this is exact but just looking at the critter "Mole shrimp" seems quite adequately descriptive.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.