The black friday deal for the Oly OM-D EM-5 mkII with 14-42 and PT-EP13 housing for $1299 was too good to pass up. I currently use an old Oly E-PM1 with the 60mm macro and the 14-42 and wanted to upgrade a bit. I had purchased a used Nauticam WWL with the bayonet mount with the intention of getting a camera to pair up with it and the CMC to get a versatile kit that can shoot wides and macro on the same dive. I do realize that the Oly port isn't threaded. What I was planning on doing is buying either the AOI FLP04 flat port to use with the 14-42EZ or the 12-50 with the FLP02 and the WWL and CMC.
I was reading JackConnick's blog post about the Oly EPL-7 and the WWL and CMC is part of what has me thinking that I might be able to do this on a bit of a tighter budget than going out and dropping several thousand on a Nauticam housing. Since the Oly bundle was only $1299. including the camera, 14-42 II, zoom gear, and housing, my cash outlay is a lot less since I already own the WWL and bayonet mounting system.
So, I was wondering if there might be an advantage to using the 14-42EZ over the 12-50 with the vignetting issues it supposedly has with the WWL. Is there much of a difference in image quality between the two optics or is it negligible? Anyone try this or think it might work?