Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Need Software for Slide Show and burning DVD

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Need Software for Slide Show and burning DVD

6 posts
  1. Need Software for Slide Show and burning DVD

    Looking for a program to make "slideshows" with. Want something that has interesting transitions, possibly have more than one picture per page and set to music. Any suggestions???

  2. Try ProShow Gold by www.photodex.com For more than one picure per page (slide) create composite slide in Photoshop.

  3. Hi Martin,

     

    Joe Belanger here. Depending on what you want to do, you can download a free software tool called Infranview. I have it specifically for slide shows. It is simple and I doubt it compares to more expensive software, but it is certainly usable, and the price is right. Just go to their website and download away.

     

    Hey, I saw your stuff on the Utila website, NICE WORK! I will be doing some file downsizing from our trip and will get you the refugee pics you want. Have a few good ones.

     

    Keep in touch. Email me at joediver@earthlink.net.

     

    Nice to hear from you.

     

    Joe

  4. Re: Need Software for Slide Show and burning DVD

    Looking for a program to make "slideshows" with.  Want something that has interesting transitions, possibly have more than one picture per page and set to music.  Any suggestions???

     

    I use ULead Video Studio (the light version came with my DVD burner) to make DVD slideshows (often combined with video). It allows for easy linear editing, transitions, pan and zoom of still images, adding music etc. I have had zero problems with any of the DVD's I have produced.

     

    I've also used Roxio Easy CD and DVD creator, which makes good slideshows, but did not do as well when producing video DVDs.

     

    Boydsk

  5. If you want to make DVD slide shows I recommend ArcSoft DVDSlideShow 1.0.

     

    It produces professional results with fair transitions and it's stable. The downsides are a small window (800x600) and limited instructions.

     

    $49.95 Full function 15-day demo available.

     

    http://www.arcsoft.com/en/products/dvdslideshow

     

    Note: I just finished evaluating 6 DVD slideshow programs in the under $100.00 category. What a nightmare. Of the 5 or so critical features one would expect, each is missing one or two. And two locked up my XP so hard I had to pull the plug for the first time in two years to reboot it.

  6. Slide show

    I would recommend iView Media Pro - you can do slide shows with composite image up to 16 pictures. If you know the music bpm, you can always synchronize yourself by setting pictures/second. I then outputs to quicktime .mov and you can then do whatever you want with it.

     

    iView is a great photo viewer / organizer too, although a bit expensive (the version with bells and wistles is around $200).

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.