Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Spec Advice on Nikon 16-35 Lens in Subal Housing

Started by mvoeller ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Spec Advice on Nikon 16-35 Lens in Subal Housing

3 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Im planning to use the Nikon 16-35 lens inside a Subal housing. When I look at the Subal website, it lists the following as the required gear combo:

    - either 8 in or 9 in dome port, EXR90, diopter (+2/77), zoom gear (4ZN034 or 4ZN834)

     

    However, Ive read on a thread somewhere on wetpixel that the spec listed by Subal is incorrect. Can somebody confirm this? If it is indeed wrong, what should be the correct gear combination?

     

    Thank you

     

    Martin

  2. Hi Martin

     

    I'm using that combination (EXR90, +2/77 diopter) with the DP230 and a D800. No problem at all.

     

    On the zoom rings: one is for the Type 3 port opening (the 4ZN034, I think) and the 4ZN834 for the Type 4. I think the "8" in the 4ZN834 signifies its an 88 tooth rind which is what the Type 4 requires.

  3. Hi Tim - that is good to know. Thank you very much for sharing!

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.