Hey everyone,
I'm brand new to underwater photography, and I'm trying to find a relatively inexpensive and simple setup to get started. I found someone in my local area who is selling "Olympus E-PM1, waterproof PT-EP06 dive housing, Macro Lens, spare gasket for the housing, and all other original accessories (battery/charger, A/V Cables, Manuals, etc...) in Mint condition". Says that he just didn't like diving and barely used them.
He is asking for $400, and I am trying to get a sense for whether or not that is a good deal. I understand that the gear would have been much more new, but it is older now, and I'm too new to this to really have a sense for how quickly dive cameras depreciate. I don't want to spend the money if it is going to turn out to be a bad value for older stuff.
Any thoughts or input that anyone has would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
-Kevin