Hey on a recent dive trip one of the divers directed me to ask my underwater camera questions here.
Im a some what advanced photographer and i was looking for some help in choosing my next camera setup. Im looking for something in the 5megapixel range with possibly dual strobes. If anyone has any suguestions please post them. Thanks in advance
Ian
Hi Ian, welcome to Wetpixel This is a great place to find information, but you'll have better luck if you can narrow your questions a bit.
Start by doing a search for 5050 and 5000 for a start. The Olympus 5050 and Nikon 5000 are the most popular 5 mp prosumer cameras for uw use. Strobe choices include Ikelite, Inon and Sea & Sea.
You could also call one of the sponsors listed to the right for information. I buy from Ryan at Underwater Camera Pros.
Karl
Well i think im going to go with the nikon5000 but could anyone suguest a housing and a dual strobe setup for it
I used the cp5000 for a year and a half....great camera for uw use IMHO....I had an Ikelite housing, dual DS-125's with manual controllers...Ikelite products are durable and come with the best after market service in the industry...again, my opinion
Lights and Motion makes a nice alum. housing with electronic controls on the handles...people seem to either love them or hate them...dependability seems to be the issue....I've never used one