Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Diving Off Pompano Beach FL

Started by jesteraak ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Diving Off Pompano Beach FL

3 posts

  1. I recently took advantage of the sale price being offered on the Kraken 3500s and hooked them up to my existing stills rig to take the plunge into video. A few wreck dives and some reefs shots and this is the result. All in all the lights worked extremely well. I probably should have sprung for the 5000s, but honestly I think I'm better off saving the extra cash for a better camera option in the future as the image quality on my aging D7000 was not ideal. Wide angle was with a Tokina 10-17mm fisheye fitted with a red magic filter. I switched from a 60mm macro to a 35mm prime for "macro", as I found the field of view far too narrow with a 60mm. I have to say it all turned out to be a lot harder than some of the videos I see make it look! Granted this was only 2 days of diving (4 dives total), but stabilization was definitely a hurdle! Now I guess it's time to start saving for a better camera haha...enjoy!



  2. For your first attempt at video, this was pretty darn good. Well done!

  3. Nice video - I rally enjoyed it, considering I am coming over there to dive the East coast in late February.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.