Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus accessory port pinout

Started by AYahoo ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus accessory port pinout

3 posts
  1. Hi Guys, I'm looking to find the Olympus PEN \ OMD accessory port pinout.

     

    My goal is to take the Olympus Macro Arm Light (MAL-1)

    olympus-olympus-mal-1-macro-arm-light-fo

    And connect it to the trigger of the camera, so it will act like a flash trigger.

     

    I was thinking about connecting led to the FL-LM2, but I think this solution will be more robust and elegant.

     

    So I started to pinout the Flash connector and the FL-LM1 Has 33 pins, Most of them are not connected, I'm attaching what I got so far.

    The large octagon is GND and the square is VCC, so I have 4 more pins that one of them is probably the trigger, and another one should be the ready state (once the flash is ready for firing).

     

    The pitch of the connector is very small and makes it hard to pinout, so I'm trying to trace the IGBT pin4 to the connector, but this is 4 layers PCB which is not that easy.

     

    so, I'm still trying but is someone knows the pinout, it would be great!

     

    Thanks.

     

     

     

    post-37057-0-36457800-1514577841_thumb.png

  2. So, It seems like I chose the wrong approach, The mod looks very clean and nice, and the MAL-1 fits

    post-37057-0-07545700-1514638904_thumb.png

    great.BUT, it is too small, the big distance from the fibers mad it too weak (I think, still have to investigate) but the flash won't fire...

    post-37057-0-50133500-1514638948_thumb.png

     

    I have a different approach now, I will take a LED FLASH (like the one from the mobile) and try to make it work from the camera.

     

    Uploading the mod MAL-1 pictures.

     

     

     

  3. So, It seems like I chose the wrong approach, The mod looks very clean and nice, and the MAL-1 fits

    attachicon.gifOlympusMod02.png

     

    great.BUT, it is too small, the big distance from the fibers mad it too weak (I think, still have to investigate) but the flash won't fire...

    attachicon.gifOlympusMod01.png

     

    I have a different approach now, I will take a LED FLASH (like the one from the mobile) and try to make it work from the camera.

     

    Uploading the mod MAL-1 pictures.

     

     

     

    There is something like this already... But its a constant led version.

    http://www.fun-in.com.tw/oc/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2340

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.