Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

A fish from Lembeh

Started by Ben ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

A fish from Lembeh

4 posts
  1. A fish from Lembeh

    Hi everyone,

     

    any idea about the name of this fish from Lembeh Strait...

     

     

    Thanks a lot

  2. It's a razorfish, (Xyrichtys sp.), but the colours and markings (especially the black blotch) don't match anything I have in books.

    Marli

  3. Ok, I think I've got it. Yellowpatch razorfish. The photo on Fishbase is from a preserved specimen, so it's all pale. Here's the description though, and it seems to match:

    "Identified by the thin but distinct blue line from the front of the eye to end of mouth and large individuals by the black elongate spot at the end of the anal fin (Ref. 48636). "

    Xyrichtys melanopus

    Cheers,

    Marli

  4. You're right, thanks guys !

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.