Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Problem with Sea&Sea on PT-010

Started by heikokresslein ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Problem with Sea&Sea on PT-010

9 posts
  1. I´m using a Olympus C-4040 Camera in the PT-010 Housing. I bought the Sea&Sea Macrolensadapter and the Lens 1:2 The results are very bad, as shown on the picture. Is anybody using the 1:3 Lens with better results oder does anybody know what i did wrong maby?

     

    Thanks, Heiko

     

    image

     

    [Edited on 6-6-2002 by heikokresslein]

  2. Heiko,

     

    I too have used the 3T lens numerous times with similar results. Sometimes they're a little better than others, but no matter what I try, the edges always blur horribly. I have yet to inquire with Sea & Sea about this but they'll be hearing from me soon. I find it absurd that they would sell something without testing it to make sure it ACTUALLY works.

     

    What I do with shots taken with the 3T lens-? CROP'EM. There's usually enough good, focused pixels in the middle of the shot to make for a decent small printout or a web image.

     

    Other than that, I'm sure this lens will make an excellent fire starter. :D

  3. You are right with cropping, but if you have just a little current, you won´t be able to fix the object right in the middle.

     

    Let me hear about Sea&Sea´s answer, or send me there EMail Adress and I will sent them another EMail by myself.

     

    Heiko

     

    [Edited on 12-6-2002 by heikokresslein]

  4. Yes, I've got the same housing PT-10 and I've taken a few shots with the Sea & Sea Lens and adapter ring in UK waters, this is what I got, there's a ring (~20%) round the outside of the picture which is a pain, the lens is going back and I'm picking up the new Olympus PCU-01 MACRO lens at the w/e, this is a whole lot better!

  5. Yes, I've got the same housing PT-10 and I've taken a few shots with the Sea & Sea Lens and adapter ring in UK waters, this is what I got, there's a ring (~20%) round the outside of the picture which is a pain, the lens is going back and I'm picking up the new Olympus PCU-01 MACRO lens at the w/e, this is a whole lot better!

  6. Yes, I've got the same housing PT-10 and I've taken a few shots with the Sea & Sea Lens and adapter ring in UK waters, this is what I got, there's a ring (~20%) round the outside of the picture which is a pain, the lens is going back and I'm picking up the new Olympus PCU-01 MACRO lens at the w/e, this is a whole lot better!

  7. ok so here's the pic!

  8. The reason you're getting that 'ring around your shots' (vignetting) is because you need to zoom all the way in.

     

    I doubt very much the Inon lens will be better than the Sea & Sea for macro photos.

     

    On a similar note, the new C4000's super macro capability (0.8" distance) can not be simultaneously used with the Sea & Sea lenses as the camera's lens is locked at its widest angle and the zoom control is disabled.

  9. Sorry, I think you misunderstood, when I meant a ring I didn;t mean a black ring I meant an blurred ring, of course the camera is fully zoomed in... I understand from most places I have talked to that this is a known probem :D

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.