Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam D500 flash trigger issues

Started by ComeFromAway ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam D500 flash trigger issues

3 posts
  1. Hi folks. Sending this out to the Wetpixel community. Recently bought a dual fiber optic sync cord for my new-to-me Nauticam D500 housing. Cord came today just in time for a trip starting Thursday. However, when I hooked the cable up I discovered that the strobes do not fire on the first flash, but that as long as the shutter is held down thereafter the strobes fire just fine.

     

    In other words, when looking at the flash trigger inside the housing (rear of housing removed) the green LED at the top of the circuit board doesn't light up, but on the second frame and any thereafter it does light up and the strobes fire. Of course, if I pull my finger off the trigger for a few seconds the problem starts all over again.

     

    I think the issue has to do with the flash trigger. In fact, I'm attaching a photo that shows some possible damage to the trigger just to the left of dip switches at the top. Thoughts?

    post-51813-0-94982300-1515467887_thumb.jpg

    Edited by ComeFromAway
  2. I'd suggest emailing innovation at nauticam.com with your housing serial number, a shipping address, and communicate the Thursday deadline. A lot can be done before Thursday via the right channels. To my knowledge a similar issue has been reported one time by a UK customer, and that defective board was replaced under warranty.

  3. Will do that, Ryan!

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.