Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Rx100 V white balance

Started by Nico_H ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Rx100 V white balance

2 posts
  1. Hello!

    I just bought the sony RX100 V and was wondering if the setting "Underwater Auto white balance" is good enough or if I should consider getting a filter.

    any advice is much appreciated :)

  2. Hi Nico

     

    I have been using the RX100 V for about 4 months after previously using the MkII and MkIV.

    My experience is that any model of the RX100 does a poor job of auto white balance.

    I tried the UW white balance and the color temperature jumps all over the place - this is a big issue when shooting video which is my main use for the MkV.

    As I dive in shallow water I now set white balance to daylight, at least it will then be consistent and can be adjusted in post where necessary.

    From what I have read doing a manual white balance with the RX100 is not very successful either.

     

    Other than that it is a superb camera - the focusing ability is amazing.

     

    I recommend using a fixed white balance - choose a color temperature you find works best.

     

    Cheers,

    Neil

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.