Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sea&Sea Canon 5DMark3 conversion kit to Mark4

Started by caymanjason ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea&Sea Canon 5DMark3 conversion kit to Mark4

1 posts
  1. When I purchased my new Canon 5D Mark4, I was super excited that it was only 1mm smaller than the Mark3. Could it be possible that for once in my life I don't need to buy a new housing? The answer is YES!!!! I was excited that with a few minor modifications I was able to make it work in my Ikelite Mark3 housing. Here's the thing, I also have a Sea and Sea Mark3 housing and it didn't fit.....and it's the one that I really want to use...sorry Ikelite. After some research I found a Chinese photographer that made a conversion kit. Long story short, it works beautifully, and it only cost 130 bucks!!

    I put together this video to explain the process, I hope it helps some of you save some cash if your looking to upgrade. This kit works specifically with the first generation Sea&Sea Mark3 housing.

     

    https://youtu.be/YAt27cUhbTk

     

    Happy Diving!

    Edited by caymanjason
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.