Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Walks on seabed || Vietnam

Started by TurkishDiver ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Walks on seabed || Vietnam

5 posts
  1. Walks on seabed || Vietnam

    This strange fish was seen on a trip to Vietnam a couple of years back. I can't find anything like it in "Reef Fishes, Corals And Invertebrates Of The South China Sea".

     

    The Dive Guides on the boat could not offer any suggestions so I wonder if any knowledgeable people here could. I attach two photos, one facing it and one side view.

     

    The fish appeared to walk on the seabed.

     

    David

  2. Spiny Devilfish Inimicus didactylus i think. Try Robert Myers Micronesia Fish Book, it has this fish in it, i don't have a copy handy.

  3. Thanks guys, an internet search on Spiny Devilfish, Inimicus didactylus brought up some pictures to confirm it. Whitehead, Reef Walker seems a very good description - it did appear to walk around.

     

    I have one other fish from that trip I would like to positively identify [all my other diving has been Eastern Meditereannean, but off to Thailand for a month in a few days], I will put it in a new thread.

     

    David

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.