Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

WTB Aquatica vacuum system

Started by Mrasette ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

WTB Aquatica vacuum system

10 posts
  1. I am looking for a vacuum system suitable for an Aquatica housing. Thanks in advance

  2. I've used the Leak Sentinel for the past 3-4 years in an Aquatica D7000 housing. Here are numerous threads about it if you search a bit. Sold by Vivid Housings. Very happy with it. I removed the microphone and used that port. Vivid can provide adapters.

  3. Thanks a lot Divengolf for your input :)

     

    I've used the Leak Sentinel for the past 3-4 years in an Aquatica D7000 housing. Here are numerous threads about it if you search a bit. Sold by Vivid Housings. Very happy with it. I removed the microphone and used that port. Vivid can provide adapters.

    Edited by Mrasette
  4. Thanks but I think I will rather go for a Leak Sentinel V5 and keep the moisture detector of my housing.

  5. Mrasette: I think that's a good call. IMO the LS is most useful to insure that you have integrity before you start the dive. Pump the housing down and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. I believe that the LS is of less value once the dive has started. That's why keeping the moisture detector is a good call. The moisture detector will pick up a few drops of leakage into the housing while the pressure in the housing will not have increased enough to trip the LS. But nothing will save you in the event of a catastrophic rupture.

  6. Hi Mrasette

    The moisture alarm surveyor from Aquatica has already a vacuum sensor integrated. (http://aquatica.ca/en/accessories_surveyor.html)

     

    From my knowledge, the new housings bring already the moisture alarm included. It is misssing only the vacuum valve and the pump. At least my housing did.

     

    I bought the valve and pump from Vivid Housing as it is the most lean valve I have found. The valve from him is like a straight bulkhead. The valves from Aquatica and from Backscatter are in L shape.

     

    If your housing is more antique and even if it has a moisture alarm that is not the surveyor, you need the full Leak Sentinel.

     

    If you do not have a moisture alarm, my recommendation would be to buy the surveyor alarm from Aquatica and the vacuum valve and pump from Vivid Housing (the leak sentinel manufacturer)

     

    And Miso, the LS developer is 5 star guy. Quick answers, great service.

  7. Thanks a lot Divengolf and Pbvalve for your advices! :-)

  8. I can also recommend the leak sentinel - I use in conjunction with the factory fitted moisture alarm in a 5d2 housing.

     

    As referenced above, Miso was great at answering queries and offering support.

  9. I will do the same then and get the vacuum and leak detector from Aquatica and valve and pump from Vivid.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.