Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

How often to clean/lubricate viewfinder orings

Started by Chris Kippax ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

How often to clean/lubricate viewfinder orings

2 posts
  1. I have the old style Nauticam 45 viewfinder. I am yet to find any info on how often to clean/lubricate the twin viewfinder piston seal orings. I often dive in my local river mouth and the water is very silty, as bad if not worse than most Indonesian muck sites. If possible I would only like to remove it for travel or an annual clean/lubricate. Can members with experience on this viewfinder chime in with their experiences?

    Thanks Chris

  2. I travel with mine a lot and only take it off the housing when it is packed in the backpack ready to fly. Before each trip (so 5-6 times per year or every two months or so) I lubricate the 0-rings with Tribolube. Even here in Los Angeles they can get quite full of muck. Also, make sure to carry a spare set, they are quite thin and you want to make sure your trip can continue if one somehow breaks.

    BIll

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.