Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Puerto Galera ?Damselfish

Started by TimG ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Puerto Galera ?Damselfish

7 posts
  1. I've hunted through all my ID book but cannot find what this rascal might be - although the markings are distinctive enough. Can anyone help?

     

    Seen at Puerto Galera, on the reef, daytime.

     

    Thanks!

     

     

     

    post-2756-0-74154700-1517324972_thumb.jpg

  2. Hi Tim,
    do you have a shot from the side as well?
    Could it be a anthias species?
    Body colour and marks on the fins....

    Regards,
    Wolfgang

  3. Hey Wolfgang

     

    Sadly, no I don't have a side shot. I was actually aiming to get a head-on pic and never thought about trying to ID it!

     

    Anthias is a possibility for sure. It was Anthias/small Damselfish size.

     

    Tim

  4. I think its an Anthia.

     

    I have a couple of pics of the exact same fish on my desktop at home, taken at Andamans, India. Will share this evening/night so that even i can know the ID.

     

    Diggy

  5. I found one image on my laptop. Is this the same fish ?

    post-10236-0-42650400-1517383889_thumb.jpg

  6. Thanks Diggy, yeah, could be. The colouration on the fins is certainly there.

     

    Much appreciated

     

    Tim

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.