Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Red sea trip

Started by Jetor ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Red sea trip

4 posts
  1. Hello everybody.

    Next November probably I will go to the red sea. I would like to ask for your advice, I have a olympus em1 mark ii with 60mm, 12/40, and 8mm. Witch lens do you think will be the best for this trip, if you think I need another one please tell it. Many thanks

     

    Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

  2. Hello everybody.

    Next November probably I will go to the red sea. I would like to ask for your advice, I have a olympus em1 mark ii with 60mm, 12/40, and 8mm. Witch lens do you think will be the best for this trip, if you think I need another one please tell it. Many thanks

     

    Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

    Hi jetor,

     

    I've been to the red sea a few times in November so may be able to help, but you need to tell us which trip you're going on or if land based where are you staying.

    There is a lot of variety - what are your main interests?

     

    Mike

     

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  3. Thanks for your answer, is a boat trip, basically we will be in Thistlegorm, Tiran, Ras Mohammed.

     

    Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

  4. Unless you are major into macro stuff, I'd recommend the 8mm and the 12-40 for that trip.

     

    That should cover the scenic shots and most of the regular fish life - morays turtles blue spot stingrays stonefish etc and the reef fish.

     

    There is plenty of macro life if you look hard but it's not macro based like lembah for example.

     

    Water temperature will be nice but it's often windy back on the boat so make sure you have a couple of warm tops available

     

    Mike

     

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.