Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Real life user experience with XIT404 knobs

Started by Chris Kippax ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Real life user experience with XIT404 knobs

4 posts
  1. I am struggling to find any real life user reviews of the XIT404 knobs. I was thinking of installing them on an Ikelite dslr housing on the aperture and shutter controls. I was hoping with the ULCS tray and these knobs I could change settings with my right hand almost still on the handle. Does anyone have any experience with these knobs good or bad?

     

    Thanks,

     

    detail_264_Knob2.jpg?itok=u3Sqd7aI

  2. No takers on this. If I do purchase I will post some thoughts on the knobs, others may find it useful.

  3. Thanks, I would be interested to hear. For the most part, I think the shutter itself and * button triggers are allright on my Ikelite housing, could use slightly longer stems. When the housing is loaded properly, the shutter speed and aperture buttons will work allright, but I always have to check. And since the knobs are high and relatively thin, its a thumb and finger job, not just one finger.

  4. I have purchased the Ultralight dslr tray and handles. I also got the star wheel fasteners for the handles so I can move the handles out when opening/closing the housing and then in when I am ready to dive. I will see how much this improves the ergonomics of the housing then buy the xit404 knobs next.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.