Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

I broke my PT-020

Started by apete ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

I broke my PT-020

3 posts
  1. I broke my PT-020

    Hi,

     

    What kind of glue should I use on the clear plastic part of a PT-020. I assume it's the same kind for all "cheap" underwater housings - the ones that the camera manufacturers sell.

     

    The broken parts are two of the four "feet" that the metal plate holding the tripod socket/screw stands on. They were so weak they broke when I removed the plate. Not much force - I used a screwdriver the way anyone would think acceptable/correct.

     

    /Anders

  2. I tried using "Repair eXtreme" from Plastic Padding. This did nort work well!

     

    Now it feels like I have a problem. I need a new foundation for the tripod plate. The broken off parts can no longer be used.

     

    The housing material seems to be too "fat". Will epoxy work?

     

    /Anders

  3. FYI

     

    I just talked to a company that work with palstic. They told me that the glue I need is not sold to consumers (in Sweden). You need a license to deal with it in any way (sounds scary).

     

    They could fix the housing for me, but it will cost me half the price of a new housing.

     

    /Anders

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.