Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Maha/Powerex Battery Chargers- DO NOT CONSIDER

Started by GrtDay ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Maha/Powerex Battery Chargers- DO NOT CONSIDER

5 posts
  1. I bought a Maha 801 AA Ni-Cad/Li-ion battery charger after seeing it endorsed on this board. It worked great...for a month.
    After 4 weeks, it melted a cell and even melted the body of the charger. BIG fire hazard, but "No big deal," I thought. "I have the Maha 3 year warranty."
    Getting through to Maha was a bear. The web site for customer service never received any of my info.
    Finally, after 4 separate calls and 5 re-sends of the same information to 4 different addresses, they tell me:
    "We cannot locate your purchase in our vendors database and therefore cannot honor your warranty request."
    I was livid! I had invested $75 in a charger that was defective. THEY couldn't get it together to send me a valid web address to send the requested purchase invoice, PHOTO of the unit, as well as my pertinent information.
    I'm really fed up with MaHa/Powerex and would NOT recommend anyone purchase their product. They may have a great charger, but the customer service and warranty are worthless!

  2. I'm not sure who your dealer was. We've never had any problems with the very few MAHA chargers and batteries we've had whiie selling them for many years.

     

    I would just go back to the dealer. Most times we just exchange the faulty unit and MAHA has done them same the next time we've ordered.

     

    Jack

  3. I did contact the dealer. He told me to go directly to MaHa. The product may be fine, (although mine melted the housing) but Maha's customer service was wretched! Perhaps one of the worst and most frustrating customer service experiences I have ever had to endure. NO EXCUSE!

  4. Who was the dealer? I have used Maha (the 4-cell ones) for thousands of charging cycles with never an issue.

    Bill

  5. I have several Maha chargers and no problems. That we cant find you line is an old put off. Go to the dealer you know and tell him if he wants to keep you as a customer, then he should DO something

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.