Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

DIY Underwater Video Tripod

Started by tubestance ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

DIY Underwater Video Tripod

16 posts
  1. Hey all,

     

    I just put together a little video on making a tripod for my camera housing that rotates around the port - horizontal for traditional video and vertical for social media. Figured I would share the details.

     

    Video: How to Build an Underwater Video Tripod

     

    It's all about those successful DIY projects!

    Edited by tubestance
  2. You link isn’t working :)

  3. Hmmm, it's working for me. Do you mind sending the link you're seeing? Thanks!

  4. Hmmm, it's working for me. Do you mind sending the link you're seeing? Thanks!

    It updated itself it seems. It looks good now!

  5. Nice idea!
    Thanks a lot.

  6. Cool project. You are an excellent presenter.

  7. Cute bipod, not tripod.

  8. Thanks EvilOtter - hopefully it's somewhat entertaining and useful too.

     

    Cool project. You are an excellent presenter.


    Good point Tursiops - definitely a bipod, but with the Joby it has 4 legs, so Quadpod..?

     

    Cute bipod, not tripod.

    Edited by tubestance
  9. Good point Tursiops - definitely a bipod, but with the Joby it has 4 legs, so Quadpod..?

     

    Let's see....2 plus 3 = 5, so maybe a pentapod.

  10. I didn't even know that existed Undertow! That is a much, much better solution. Will definitely stop in the next auto parts store I see asking for that handle. Thanks for sharing!

  11. Careful:

    Material: Band & Housing Stainless Steel, Screw Plated Carbon Steel, Plastic Handle
  12.  

    Careful:

    Material: Band & Housing Stainless Steel, Screw Plated Carbon Steel, Plastic Handle

     

     

    Hmm, not sure I follow. Are you pointing out the possibility of corrosion from the salt water? Thanks

  13.  

    Hmm, not sure I follow. Are you pointing out the possibility of corrosion from the salt water? Thanks

    Yes, exactly. And quickly. Rinsing is not good enough, because the rusting is ongoing while submerged.

  14. cool

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.