I'm 100% sure the Inon S2000 magnets are out and have never been in my two Inon S2000 strobes since I bought them.
I'm also sure shooting the Canon G7X II in M mode my flash MENU setting has been on AUTO since I bought the camera. I shot with the original Canon G7X for a year before buying a G7X II and have always shot TTL flash on these compacts.
In fact, the one reason I bought the original G7X was it was the first canon Powershot that OFFERED TTL flash when shooting in M mode just like SLRs with hot shoe attached flash.
I have looked for preflash details in my print and online Canon manual. In P, Tv, Av and M Flash Control menu choices. All info simply labels TTL flash as AUTO.
If there's any preflash difference in AUTO between Av, Tv, P and M modes the Inon S2000 flash automatic (S-TTL) circuitry likely makes the camera's flash to Inon S2000 S-TTL automatically synch.
Thousands of shots of my personal experience confirms it works exactly as I describe.
One big reason I see people with minimal flash color is usually from shooting too far away. Also closing the aperture down too far as even in S-TTL the flash can only dump a full power max output even automatically plus ISO choice.
I lock my ISO at either 125 to a max of 200 unless shooting ambient light only.
Just one old guy's information from actual use 