Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Aquatic Dome port wanted

Started by tomhauburn1 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatic Dome port wanted

5 posts
  1. Bought a Aquatic housing from a set photographer who had been using it as a sound muffle. He had a large flat port on it. I need to get a dome port for a 10-17 Tonkina Nikon D7000 that will work. Not sure if I need port extentions. Also need the handle setup so it can take Ikelite arms and strobes. I was wired for them. I mostly will do cave diving so not sure if Glass is the right kind of dome since scratches cannot be fixed. I don't have micro lens but guessing this one is the size of a 105 but not positive. I am in the USA. I have used a 8 inch port before on a D200 setup.

  2. I have a D7000 and use the 8" acrylic dome with the 10-17 and the Sigma 17-70. Both require extension rings. I believe that the 8" is available in acrylic only and the 9-1/2" dome is glass. The 9-1/2 is a beast to travel with.

     

    Google "aquatic D7000 system chart" for details on components. For some reason, I cannot post the link here. Go to Nikon Type 4 lens chart on Aquatica site for info on the extension rings, etc.

     

    Hope that this helps. PM me for more info.

     

    Welcome to WP!!

  3. Thanks Sting Ray

     

    Looking for the extension ring now

  4. Ya...I paid a 1000 for a housing, big flat port and camera body. Camera is not working on video and I suspect it will cost more to get it worked on than to buy another. Have you ever known anyone to use a Sigma 70 macro? Someone is offering a new one at a really good deal. Same person offering the vacuum system with electronics at low price. My leak detector seems to be working fine

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.