Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony a7Rii Custom WB Issues

Started by Laval ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony a7Rii Custom WB Issues

6 posts
  1. Hello,

    I am not able to set custom white balance on my Sony a7Rii with Ikelite housing with 8 inch dome underwater. It works fine above water with the same setup, but not underwater. Could anyone share their experience and hopefully advise?

    Many thanks.

  2. You will need red filter if you want to CMWB with Sony A7RII. I do not have time to do that underwater and I use presets untill 10m and lights under 10m.

  3. You will need red filter if you want to CMWB with Sony A7RII. I do not have time to do that underwater and I use presets untill 10m and lights under 10m.

     

    Many thanks TaxiDiver14. I will try it. Referring to 'presets', I assume you ment WB presents for different K temperature? Do you use a red filter in combination with lights? I was getting very reddish footage with a red filter and light combination. I thought that with a 'red filter - lights' combination, cyan filters on lights should be used.

  4. Never use red filter. Only WB presets depeding on water conditions.

  5. Thank you TaxiDiver14.

    I appreciate your recommendation.

  6. I had the same issue with CWB with my Sony A6000. I used the red filter and got error code, saying it was unable to set CWB even in the shallows with good light (worked fine above water). Sony's response suggested picking a WB or Kelvin in the WB menu, click right which takes you into a fine adjustment where you can manually adjust. I've actually gone back to using UWB for video and getting better results from that.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.