Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

WTB: Used/dead Ikelite DS200 NiMH Battery Modules

Started by nyaquaman ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

WTB: Used/dead Ikelite DS200 NiMH Battery Modules

12 posts
  1. I'm looking to buy at least 1used or dead Ikelite DS200 NiMH Battery Modules with the screw visible on the bottom end (see blue circle on attached pic).

     

    I prefer dead (or close to it) batteries as I'm going to rebuild them.

     

    I refuse to let my DS200 go gently into the night.

     

    Thanks everybody!

     

     

    post-72962-0-22759700-1522785975_thumb.jpeg

    Edited by nyaquaman
  2. Sorry folks, apparently my listing got caught in the new classified posting policy and was locked until I posted several times elsewhere.

     

    Anyway, hopefully it didn't kill my chances of finding somebody that wants to recycle their old DS200 batteries, as detailed above.

    Edited by nyaquaman
  3. I got rid of all my DS200 stuff a year ago-I had at that time just what you needed-your just a year late for me.

    Sorry.

  4. Sigh, story of my life: A day late, and a dollar short. Well, I'm still optimistic that hiding in somebody's closet is a battery pack with my name on it.

  5. Somebody must be using DS200 battery modules as door stops or paperweights and is itching to divest themselves of these nuisances.

     

    A guy can hope...

  6. I'm still looking for these battery packs.

     

    Bump!

  7. Maybe contact Ikelite for some old ones-My guess that have a few dead ones for shipping cost only.

  8. Hi onokai,

    I had a long chat with them and based on that I decided to strike out on my own. They used to charge $300 to rebuild battery modules if you supply them with the old one. Too rich for my blood.

     

    Cheers

    - Adam

  9. Bumpity bump!

    Still looking for battery packs.

  10. Hi Marko,

    Thanks for the link!

    I've made several offers to them over the past few weeks which all expired. They did finally get back to me and said try a higher bid, but never responded since. I was hoping for someone local with dead modules for cheap so I can re-power them with higher mAh cells. The last "good" one I bought on ebay had an almost dead battery pack, so I was a bit skeptical.

     

    Cheers,

    - Adam

  11. Update: for $30 I bought a new set of 5,000 MAh cells and rebuilt my battery pack. I'm now getting almost 400 full power pops - more than enough for an entire shoot session.

    So, I'm no longer looking for additional dead packs at this time.

    If anyone is interested in rebuild details, let me know and I'll be happy to post something in a more relevant forum on the subject.

     

    Thanks everyone!

    - Adam

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.