Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Changes to Classifieds Forum-please read!

Started by adamhanlon ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Changes to Classifieds Forum-please read!

9 posts
  1. Dear Wetpixel community,

     

    I am trying out a new policy for posts in the Classifieds forum.

     

    It now requires a minimum of three posts (in any of the other forums) before members can post for sale ads or respond to posts in the forum.

     

    There are two reasons for this:

     

    1. Wetpixel is a vibrant community of individuals that willingly and selflessly share their experiences and knowledge. The Classifieds section is there for members of our community to recycle their used gear.

     

    We welcome new members to our community but we do not want to become simply a cheap way for people to sell used gear.

     

    2. Practically, Wetpixel is a very safe way to buy and sell, with thousands of mutually beneficial transactions. However, like all online communities, there are those that seek to defraud people via fraudulent transactions.

     

    Hopefully, requiring a number of posts prior to allowing interactions on the Classifieds forum will increase the security of transactions, and allow buyers/sellers to formulate better opinions about their prospective buyers/sellers.

     

    I am relatively open-minded about this new policy and will assess it and revise as appropriate. Please feel free to add any opinions to this thread` too.

     

    Adam

    Edited by adamhanlon
  2. Hi Adam,

    I just joined Wetpixel a week ago, but I've read many, many tips and advice from it for quite some time now. Thank you for a great space where to learn from, and to share experiences with others around the globe.

    You mention that as part of this policy, new members must have three posts before being able to reply in the forum. I've posted one new topic so far and got a reply, to which I commented back. As a result of this rule, did my response get to the other member? Or before I post two new topics, to complete three, my replies won't get to their intended recipients? I'm not an English native speaker, so I want to make sure I understand this well, for I don't want to break any rule.

    Thank you,

     

    Daniel

  3. Hi Daniel,

     

    The three posts rule only applies in the classifieds forum...

     

    All the best

     

    Adam

  4. got it. makes absolute sense.

    thank you.

    daniel

  5. Hiya,

     

    I have been a member for a number of years. Today I added 3 more posts in non-classified areas just to make sure I qualify, but the two items i posted for sale are still showing zero views. Does that require some adjustment on your part. If so thanks in advance!

     

    I've traveled with Frink, Mustard and others...thanks so much for this forum!

  6. Hiya,

     

    I have been a member for a number of years. Today I added 3 more posts in non-classified areas just to make sure I qualify, but the two items i posted for sale are still showing zero views. Does that require some adjustment on your part. If so thanks in advance!

     

    I've traveled with Frink, Mustard and others...thanks so much for this forum!

     

    I’ve just checked one, the strobes, which are showing 24 viewings. Good luck with the sales!

  7. Hi Adam,

    I seem to be getting views but I cannot tell if others are unable to respond or not to my ad. I'm getting views, but one of the policies affects responding to ads too. Is that because I haven't posted the required number of times?

    Thanks...

  8. Hi,

    I can't tell you what you are not getting replies! Everything is OK from our end.

    Adam

     

     

  9. it may also make sense to include a "waiting period" of maybe 1 week? Otherwise some "new" member could just quickly post some random posts and go straight to classifieds. Just a thought?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.