Hi everyone,
I'm not sure if this is the best forum to post this question so if it is better suited elsewhere please let me know. I'm looking for recommendations on what post processing software to purchase. I had planned to use Photoshop and Lightroom but in light of Adobe's move to do subscription only for products 2018 and on I'm not so sure now. I don't currently own Photoshop or Lightroom (although I previously used an older version of Photoshop - 2007 or 2008 I think?) I don't plan on using cloud storage, I prefer to back up locally. Here are some options I've come up with:
1. Do subscription service choosing the non-cloud version (classic cc?) that has both photoshop and lightroom
2. Same as above except use photoshop plus a different program (like ON1) for RAW color correction, etc., (instead of lightroom)
3. Use Photoshop Elements (perhaps get an older version like 2015 edition) and use ON1 as plug in with ps15. This would avoid the Adobe subscription fee and would provide an easier version of photoshop to grasp since I am in still a beginner in regards to working with RAW files.
4.??
Any advice is greatly appreciated!