Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

GoPro Fusion or ThetaV - Anyone got one?

Started by thetrickster ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

GoPro Fusion or ThetaV - Anyone got one?

6 posts
  1. Looking at buying a new ‘toy’ to have a look at on my next holiday, and I’m eyeing up the Fusion - as taking my drone seems risky these days.

     

    It seems to provide the best / sharpest video out of all the current prosumer cameras (from the current reviews of the Rylo, Insta360, ThetaV etc)

     

    Wondered if anyone has one either land based or either taken it underwater (I think only the 360 bubble can do this to 10m...)

     

    The thetaV looks really promising with its underwater housing to 30m, but the YouTube videos are pretty bad, yet the same clips on their website are pretty amazing.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Gh5 and 5s with 48k of sunlight not enough of a toy? ;) haha

     

    Skickat från min VTR-L29 via Tapatalk

  3. Gh5 and 5s with 48k of sunlight not enough of a toy? ;) haha

     

    Alas on my next trip in 2 weeks (which was only booked last week, last minute) I've only got 30kg of luggage and 7kg of hand luggage - which is taken up by my scuba gear, rebreather etc. So the big camera will stay at home :(

     

    Will take a Hero 6 and a couple of the lights thou. QatarAirways want 480$ for extra 15kg rtn!!! So thats a non starter...

     

    At the moment, looking at both, I'm gonna pass...

  4.  

    Alas on my next trip in 2 weeks (which was only booked last week, last minute) I've only got 30kg of luggage and 7kg of hand luggage - which is taken up by my scuba gear, rebreather etc. So the big camera will stay at home :(

     

    Will take a Hero 6 and a couple of the lights thou. QatarAirways want 480$ for extra 15kg rtn!!! So thats a non starter...

     

    At the moment, looking at both, I'm gonna pass...

    Dude I had that problem too with some companies. Not many offer decently cheap extra luggage anymore, it's a joke. Klm is my recommendation if flying to Asia tho. They have a 100 eur one way fee for an extra bag of 23kg, and carry on is 12kg. That's what I'm gonna be using in the future when flying to that part of the world, and using it next week when flying to indo :)

     

    Skickat från min VTR-L29 via Tapatalk

  5. I normally fly BA or United or similar. Horrible old planes, crap seats etc. But still give you 23kg bags (cheapish 2nd bag) plus the old style “if you can lift it, you can bring it” for hand luggage. This trip was really last minute and I had to get the same plane as the others on the trip to get the bus. Probably not my first choice. It will be an adventure.

     

    Have a super trip! Look forward to the photos / videos.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. I have the Theta V, with the housing and have taken it underwater. It is a really fun camera, and on land it has some good applications, but underwater its a "toy". Lighting will be an issue. If you have strong pointlights (strobes or sunshine" on some side making the light uneven you will get some unpleasant effects and see the "seams". When the light is even, such as it would a little deeper or when overcast, you will have no color except blue gray. The housing nase is also visible in the image/footage due to it adding to the width of the base. I owned the 360Fly 4k before the Theta V, and I did NOT love it even as a toy. The quality of the image/footage from the Theta V is WAY better. The Theta V is also much easier to work with and the Mobile app is better - but still room for plenty of improvement. The one thing I really don't like is that the Theta V is constructed quite flimsily. I dropped it once into soft grass and the shell came apart - luckily I was able to snap it back together. It should be sturdier in my opinion.


     

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.