Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus EM1 Mark I Flash Issue

Started by chinschino ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus EM1 Mark I Flash Issue

5 posts
  1. Hi guys, I recently bought a used Olympus EM1 Mark I camera and Nauticam housing. When I was tickering with settings, I noticed that the stock flash (FL-LM2) was just firing once on continuous or sequential mode. My questions are:

     

    1. Is the stock flash capable of doing burst or multiple flash firing for continuous or sequential mode?

    2. Or is my flash busted?

     

    Note: I tried using the Nauticam Flash Trigger of Olympus and it worked perfectly.

     

    Thanks.

  2. It depends on the settings and if there is long enough to recharge between shots. I tried mine at 1/64 manual and got 1 frame with the flash in sequential low at the default 10 FPS but it would fire each frame at 2 FPS. At 3FPS it would fire for 3 frames then skip a frame.

     

    Flash trigger is a different story all together, an LED does not need time to recharge and will fire every time as long as the battery lasts.

    Edited by ChrisRoss
  3. Thanks for helping out Chris.

  4. The little flash of the Em1 can be faulty. I had a faulty unit, now allways bring a spare on dive vacations. I dont know if it can do burst, but I know it is not a solid unit.

  5. The OEM flash recycles painfully slowly.... the Nauticam mini flash trigger seems to do the trick for me...

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.